Our 2019 project list includes improvements to the following buildings located at our site in Lake Linden:
- The Museum Building:
- The Depot Building. There are a number of improvements slated here. We expect to bid out the major portion of this work shortly:
- Replacement of the depot roof.
- Replacement of the siding on one side of the depot.
- Door replacement / repair.
- Funding for this work includes a grant through the Keweenaw National Historical Park.
- The Church Building.
- We will be bidding shortly for shingle siding repairs and painting at the former Congregational Church building at the corner of First Street and N Avenue in Lake Linden. This building serves as our Heritage Center and is also our temporary office space since the Father's Day flood of last year.
- Funding for this work includes a grant from Steven C. Leuthold Family Foundation.
- The Traprock Valley School Building.
- Scraping, painting and minor woodwork repair are the focus on this building.
- Funding for this work includes a generous donation of labor and materials by the family of HCHS member Pam Hawley.